Home Instead Senior Care’s mission is to change the face of aging by providing personal, one-on-one support to older adults while enhancing lives of seniors aging in our community. Our approach to care is relationship based, and as our tagline states “To us, it’s personal”. You’re in luck, our Halifax office is in search of a Staffing Coordinator!
You are an excellent communicator on and off the page. We’re not a dating service but match making, whether it be with friends or colleagues, is a passion of yours. You will put this skill to use when choosing skilled caregivers to be paired with clients, keeping in mind their care needs.
When a crisis or hectic situation comes your way, you embrace it, think of a logical solution, collaborate with your team and jump on board with implementation of your plan. Ambiguity doesn't scare you and “self-motivated” is your middle name.
You have experience working in an office setting and you present yourself in a professional manner every day. Picking up the phone is fun for you! You enjoy talking with anyone and everyone while helping them solve their problems. You’re used to getting a lot of calls because after all, you’re the go to person in your personal and professional life. If this sounds like you, apply today!
• Schedule and coordinate 100% of assigned case load in an efficient, effective and timely manner, while ensuring outstanding customer satisfaction.
• Monitor Caregiver check-ins for assigned case load. Promptly identify tardy Caregivers, notify client of delay, and determine appropriate remedial actions, if necessary
.• Handle call-outs or emergency schedule changes with little or no advance notice. Identify available Caregivers, re-staff schedules, and notify client of changes.
• Notify team of outstanding client issues at the end of each day and maintain a list of replacement Caregivers for use by the designated overnight / on-call personnel.
• Participate in overnight / on-call duties 1-2 evenings per week and every 3rd weekend.
• Maintain accurate schedules, clock-in/clock-out records, and clear notes for exceptions in the Company’s systems, as required, to ensure accurate billing and payroll function.
• Document and escalate Client or Caregiver issues to appropriate management, in accordance with agency policy and procedures, to ensure appropriate follow-up.
• Utilize multiple phone lines to promptly answer incoming calls. Apply customer service protocols to address caller’s needs or appropriately route caller to other office personnel.
• Serve as point of contact for assigned Client base, and effectively address schedule changes, questions and complaints. Solicit Client feedback per company procedures.
• Assist Clients/Caregivers with coordination of ancillary services such as in-city travel and scheduling of appointments, as required.
• Maintain Client and Caregiver files in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Field Client inquiries over the phone in a knowledgeable manner.
• Contact and schedule Caregivers for various training sessions and meetings.
• Undergraduate degree or diploma (practical experience will also be considered)
• Minimum 1+ years of experience in a fast-paced, deadline-driven role
• Exceptional ability to manage own workflow to ensure quality and efficiency
• Familiarity with HRM and surrounding areas
• Strong knowledge and proficiency with Office 365
• Working knowledge of Google Apps
• Enjoy acting as a resource for Client/employee inquiries
• Valid driver’s license
Please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter merged in one document by February 15th, 2019.
Please note that this is the job board for the franchise office located at 5991 Spring Garden Road, Suite 425. Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated. To find a franchise near you, please visit the Careers page.
For job related questions please call the franchise office at 902-429-2298. If you have any technical problems with this site please call 919-508-6147 for technical assistance.