Home Instead Senior Care has been providing comprehensive in-home care services in Nova Scotia since 2003. Services such as meal preparation, Alzheimer’s care, personal care and light housekeeping help older adults age comfortably and securely at home.
We are seeking a staffing coordinator to organize schedules and create great matches between our caregivers and our clients.
You are an excellent communicator, organized and known for your problem solving skills.
When a crisis or hectic situation comes your way, you embrace it, think of a logical solution, collaborate with your team and jump on board with implementation of your plan. Ambiguity doesn’t scare you and “self-motivated” is your middle name.
You have experience working in an office setting and you present yourself in a professional manner every day. Picking up the phone is fun for you!
• Schedule and coordinate 100% of assigned case load in an efficient, effective and timely manner, while ensuring outstanding customer service
• Monitor Caregiver check-ins, promptly identify tardy Caregivers, notify client of delay, and determine appropriate remedial actions, if necessary
• Handle last minute call-outs or emergency schedule changes .
• Participate in overnight / on-call duties 1-2 evenings per week and every 3rd weekend.
• Maintain accurate schedules, attendance records, and clear notes for exceptions in the Company’s systems, as required, to ensure accurate billing and payroll function.
• Document and escalate Client or Caregiver issues to appropriate management to ensure appropriate follow-up.
• Utilize multiple phone lines to promptly answer incoming calls, address caller’s needs or appropriately route caller to other office personnel.
• Serve as point of contact for clients and effectively address schedule changes, questions and concerns. Solicit Client feedback per company procedures.
• Maintain Client and Caregiver files in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Field Client inquiries over the phone in a knowledgeable manner.
• Contact and schedule Caregivers for various training sessions and meetings.
• Undergraduate degree or diploma (practical experience will also be considered)
• Minimum 1+ years of experience in a fast-paced, deadline-driven role such as a dispatcher, service coordinator or reception or administration in a busy office
• Exceptional ability to manage own workflow to ensure quality and efficiency
• Familiarity with geography of Halifax and surrounding areas
• Strong knowledge and proficiency with Office 365
• Working knowledge of Google Apps
• Enjoy acting as a resource for Client/employee inquiries
• Valid driver’s license
Please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter merged in one document to halifax(at)homeinstead.com by February 28th, 2019. Part time and Full time applications will be considered.
Please note that this is the job board for the franchise office located at 5991 Spring Garden Road, Suite 425. Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated. To find a franchise near you, please visit the Careers page.
For job related questions please call the franchise office at 902-429-2298. If you have any technical problems with this site please call 919-508-6147 for technical assistance.